Sunday, November 10, 2013

So, last night, me and my Honey were hanging at a way cool café- The Dessert Oasis in Rochester, Mi., so good- listening to some fine live music and sipping on our tasty beverages. While she was working on her cool picture book manuscript, I was reading "Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling" by Ross King. Great book. Anyway, I'm sitting there and I suddenly realize that I just had to draw a picture of Il Maestro Michelangelo. Wasn't easy. He kept hopping up and down, tools in his hands, telling me "Affrettatevi! Ho da fare!" I was like "Okay. Don't know what that means but I'm almost done." When I was done, he gave the drawing a look, gave it one of his notorious grunts and took off. I think he liked it. Who can say? Regardless, he is one of the best teachers I've ever known, living or dead.  Molte grazie, Maestro. 
Pencil, 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment