Friday, October 23, 2009

Electronics are the future. No questions about it now. So glad I have a big library, though. Not overly happy when I've moved and had to carry all the boxes of books. But I'm still happy to be surrounded by my books. Below is a link to an image- a flexible screen. Bendable, foldable, touch sensitive. Soon to be capable of retaining the tactile quality of paper and cloth. The gap between the "book reading" experience and the "electronic book" reading experience is shrinking very, very quickly. Any question that this will make the printing of books less profitable? And sooner rather than later- obsolete? As a lover of trees, this makes me very happy! But as a lover of books- I am a little sad. And as a writer/illustrator- I'm kinda scared! Have no fear, all you illustrators and writers- regardless of the venue- the world NEEDS story makers (that would be us)! http://thehottestgadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/display.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment